The 2016 United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa is organized by the Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs in cooperation with Ethiopia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the African Union.
The Regional Course will be held at the facilities of the ECA in Addis Ababa, from 1 to 26 February 2016. The Regional Course will be conducted in English. The course will accommodate up to 30 participants.
· Candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
· The selected participants are required to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period.
· This Regional Course is open to candidates from the following Member States: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
· The fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s accommodation, meals, medical insurance, participation in the Regional Course and the training materials.
· In accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships, participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
· Qualified candidates may also apply for self-funded positions. Self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation (travel, accommodation and living expenses).
· Training materials and lunches during the weekdays are provided to all participants.